India is a very prospective market. Within the next ten years, India’s population will surpass China’s population. It is a huge market with huge money.
I made a rough analysis of top startup investments in India’s market for the past six months. I used the following filters at CrunchBasePro.
Here are the top 5 innovative companies in India which attracted huge investment for the past six months.
- Curefit, $174M raised. Interesting combination of online and offline channels in the Fitness industry. According to OWLER Curefit makes around $20M per year.
- Sharechat, $122.8M raised. The social network of regional content, where you can share photos, videos, GIFs, etc. According to OWLER Sharechat makes around $1M per year.
- PharmEasy, $138.5M raised. Largest Indian platform for delivering healthcare services. According to OWLER PharmEasy makes around $1M per year.
- ZipGo, $52M raised. A convenient way of urban transportation for masses. According to OWLER ZipGomakes around $1M per year.
- Licious, $39M raised. Fresh meat and fish delivery startup. According to OWLER Curefit makes around $1M per year.
Why is it interesting to analyze trending business models and growing businesses in different regions? Because you can take an existing and tested idea and transfer it to your area. This approach will generate big money for entrepreneurs using it.